High-quality gfx from the book

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Thu May 4 09:49:46 CDT 2006

On 4/25/06, Martin Eisenhardt <martin.eisenhardt at wiai.uni-bamberg.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as a member of the research and teaching staff at Bamberg University
> (Germany), I would like to use some of the graphics from the svnbook in one
> of my lectures. Is it possible to get the graphics in better quality,
> preferably as EPS?

Hi Martin,

Alas, we don't have vector versions of the images.  We originally did
all of the book's diagrams in Powerpoint (which we *do* have, buried
in the repository's history somewhere).  When O'Reilly published the
book, they had a professional artist rerender them in Freehand and
Photoshop.  O'Reilly was kind enough to give us back .jpg's of the
nice-looking diagrams to put online, but not the original vector
sources.