Subversion - user feedback

Woodward, Graeme Kenneth (Graeme) graemew at agere.com
Tue May 16 20:43:14 CDT 2006

Hi,

   I'm new to Subversion, though have used CVS extensively.

   My first step - determine what version of subversion (svn) I'm using,
so I know
what version of the book to download.  The help options seem useless in
telling me how to do this.

   So, I take a punt and download the book corresponding to subversion
version 1.3.
I still can't find anything about determining the version of our
subversion installation.  The
book doesn't have an index, and a textual search for 'version' naturally
enough brings back
way too many hits to be useful.

   Suggestions:

- provide an obvious 'version' command line option on svn, and
information about this
in the help system & in the book.
- build a proper index in the "Version Control with Subversion" book.

Regards,

Graeme.

Dr Graeme Woodward                     graemew at agere.com
<mailto:graemew at agere.com>
Agere Systems Australia           Phone: +61 2 8467 7716
Lvl 3, 11-17 Khartoum Rd,         Fax:   +61 2 8467 7777
North Ryde, NSW, 2113, AUSTRALIA