AuthzSVNAccessFile and SVNListParentPath - examples in Chapter 6 are misleading

Martin Curtayne mcurtayne at hotmail.com
Sat May 20 07:30:42 CDT 2006

Hi,

Firstly thanks for the great svn reference.  However, if the examples for
configuring Apache in Chapter 6 are followed, it results in an
authentication error when using the 'SVNListParentPath on' and the
'AuthzSVNAccessFile' options together and attempting to view a list of the
repositories.

To correct the examples in this chapter, the location directive needs to be
set as follows: <Location /svn/> - note the trailing / after svn (currently
the examples read <Location /svn>).

Making this change has the side effect of requiring the user to use the URI:
<server>/svn/.  The URI: <server>/svn will no longer work.

Just to underline I'm not the only one to find this issue, see the thread
http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2006-01/0050.shtml

Eventually a contributor to the thread also reaches the same conclusion I
did.

regards
mc