Subversion - user feedback

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Wed May 17 06:42:03 CDT 2006

On 5/16/06, Woodward, Graeme Kenneth (Graeme) <graemew at agere.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>    I'm new to Subversion, though have used CVS extensively.

So I guess you've never run 'cvs --version'?  :-)

> - provide an obvious 'version' command line option on svn, and information
> about this
> in the help system & in the book.

'svn help' shows all commands, just like 'cvs help'.  'svn help help'
shows the --version switch.

Looking at the book's table of contents, chapter 9 is the 'reference
guide', and one of the first sections is 'subversion switches".

> - build a proper index in the "Version Control with Subversion" book.

O'Reilly made one by hand for the hardcopy edition.  Any suggestions
on tools that can generate one from our XML sources?