Tool chain for "Version Control with Subversion"?

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed May 31 12:29:12 CDT 2006

Schramm, Martin wrote:
> Dear editors of "Version Control with Subversion",
>
> we have found your website http://svnbook.red-bean.com/, presenting the
> online-version of your new book release.
>
> We have started to write most of our documentations with DocBook XML and
> have been guided safely by another book from O'Reilly Media: "DocBook:
> The Definitive Guide" by Norman Walsh and Leonard Muellner. Within our
> company we still have to deal with some dislike to XML and XSLT.
> Therefore we like to refer these sceptics to professional publications,
> publications like yours.
>
> We use XML Mind Editor (Editor), XSLTPROC as XSLT processor and Antenna
> House V4 as FO-formatter. Could you tell us, which tool chain you use to
> realise your projects? This would help to prove, that we are on the right
> track.
>
> Best regards, thank you, Martin

In terms of editors, we use a variety of things.  Lots of emacs and vi, and
who knows what else.

For our HTML output, we use xsltproc.  For PDF, xsltproc gets us into FO
format, and from there we use Apache FOP.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton