Thoughts on Chapter 5

Brian W. Fitzpatrick fitz at red-bean.com
Sun Feb 25 15:01:05 CST 2007

Note that I'm not going to respond to each of your responses to me.
You're clearly correct where I erred, and I'm happy with the changes
you've made :-)

> >> "Planning Your Repository Organization":
> >> - one other reason to have separate repositories is when you have
> >> completely different types of data in each project: eg, one project
> >> has source code, and another has 100MB Photoshop files in it.
> >
> > Really?  Why is that?  (I can't quickly think of a reason why that would
> > actually matter.)
>
> *Poke*

Ben and I discuss this example in our Best Practices talk:  If you
have a repository with source code (tiny) and Photoshop files (huge),
it's just easier to juggle the small stuff separately--from syncing to
backing up to whatever, you don't have to worry about these huge
blobs.  Heck, if you've got just source in a repository, you can
probably do a full repository backup every 12 hours...

-Fitz