Make svndumpfilter example work for Windows too

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Tue Mar 27 10:05:01 CDT 2007

Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> The attached patch should take care of it. I made it by searching all
> .xml files for the regular expression "cat repos-dumpfile \|
> (svndumpfilter include [a-z]+) > ([a-z]+-dumpfile?)" and replacing
> with "\1 \< repos-dumpfile \> \2".

Yes, we do state in the book preface that our examples are Unix-based.  But
the authors agree that this doesn't mean we can't use constructs that work
on Windows, too, where they exist.  The more widely useful the example, the
better, so long as readability isn't sacrificed.

Patch applied.  Thanks, Ryan.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton