Overall notes on the svnbook

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Mar 28 13:02:40 CDT 2007

[Can't take the time to parse your whole post right now, but this first
bullet caught my eye]

Eric Hanchrow wrote:
> * I changed many <warning>s to <note>s, and vice-versa.  I couldn't
>   find any document that explains when we should use which, so I made
>   up my own rule: warnings are for suggestions which, if they're not
>   followed, might lead to data loss (e.g. doing "svn revert" when
>   you've got un-checked-in changes).  notes and tips are just about
>   saving time or typing.  (Frankly I don't know what the difference is
>   between notes and tips).

We've been using <tip> for best practices (tricks and processes that make
your life easier), <warning> for things that make your life worse, and
<note> as a more generic "hey, pay attention!".

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton