Table entry may be inaccurate

Jelai Wang JWang at
Sat May 5 23:11:40 CDT 2007

Hi Ben,

Thank you for the clarification.  I was confused.  :-\

P.S. This is a great book, keep up the good work!

-----Original Message-----
From: sussman at [mailto:sussman at] On Behalf Of Ben
Sent: Saturday, May 05, 2007 10:02 PM
To: Jelai Wang
Cc: svnbook-dev at
Subject: Re: Table entry may be inaccurate

He Jelai,

Actually, svn+ssh:// *does* interact with svnserve.  Keep reading the
chapter;  you'll see that the scheme causes an svnserve process to be
launched, and then the client speaks the svnserve protocol over the ssh
tunnel.  That's why it's an svn:// variant, rather than a file:///
variant.  You're right in the sense that it's not talking to a
persistent svnserve daemon, but it does talk to svnserve.  :-)