Path based Authorization

Peter Lloyd l-svndev at pgl22.co.uk
Tue Nov 6 18:52:56 CST 2007

[Apologies if this ends up coming through multiple times -- I tried
sending from an unsubscribed address a week ago, but having had no
response and seeing nothing in the archives I assume I need to subscribe
first (and send from that subscribed address...)]

Hi,

In the section on Path-Based Authorization,
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.serverconfig.pathbasedauthz.html
there is an example using groups towards the end.

-------
[groups]
calc-developers = harry, sally, joe
paint-developers = frank, sally, jane
everyone = harry, sally, joe, frank, sally, jane

[paint:/projects/paint]
@paint-developers = rw
jane = r
-------

>From my tests with Subversion 1.4.4, the final line "jane = r" seems to be
ignored. Jane appears to be receiving 'rw' permissions from the
paint-developers group, overriding her own 'r' permissions.

Assuming this is not a bug in Subversion, is it worth modifying this line, so
as not to give the impression that user permissions can decrease group
permissions?

Thanks,
Peter