merging doesn't work across repositories

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Mon Aug 25 07:15:48 CDT 2008

How can we be more clear?  In
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.branchmerge.advanced.html#svn.branchmerge.advanced.advancedsyntax
, where we explain the 'full' syntax of the merge command, we
explicitly say:

"Merging from foreign repositories
    While it's possible to run a command such as svn merge -r 100:200
http://svn.foreignproject.com/repos/trunk, the resultant patch will
also lack any historical merge metadata. At time of this writing,
Subversion has no way of representing different repository URLs within
the svn:mergeinfo property."