pt-BR translation group's revival

CĂ©lio Cidral Junior ccidral.newsbox at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:21:09 CST 2008

Hello,

As the guys who maintain the svn book repo may have already noticed,
the pt-BR translation work has been stagnant for quite a while (for a
very huge time, to be honest).  And I'm very sorry for that, since it
consumed time and patience from people like maxb in the past in order
to create and mantain the pt_BR branch.  My apologies for any
inconvenience.

However, since a significant number of people has recently approached
the mailing list willing to complete the translation (most of them for
necessity reasons), we want to give life to the project again, and
this time for real.  That's why I would like to ask you, the book
maintainer guys, to create a copy of the 1.4 tag for us, replacing the
actual pt_BR directory (it's a branch of the 1.2 version!)  In
addition, we will need a small number of user accounts in the repo
with write permissions, if possible.  I can send the list of user
names later.

Again, my apologies for any inconvenience.  This time we feel that we
are able to finish the translation and stop bothering you.   :-)

My best regards,

Célio