Some remarks on svnsync, its options and subcommands.
svnlgo at mobsol.be
Mon Jun 30 16:04:14 CDT 2008
Sorry for being so late, but I finished the review of the svnsync
section of the English version. Here are my remarks:
1. "--sync-password PASS" should be "--sync-password PASSWD" for
consistency with the --source-password option.
2. svnsync also takes the "-q [--quiet] option", which is not documented
in the book, at least not in the svnsync section.
3. Options: "--config-dir ARG" is not needed, it appears twice in the list.
4. The Synopsis should say "svnsync help" instead of "svnsync
SUBCOMMAND". I do like the description :)
5. I don't know why you need the "Alternate Name" section here as you
didn't add this on the "svnsync copy-revprops" page. The same goes for
6. Name: Why not use the consistent terminology "source" and "mirror"
repository here, instead of "destination" and "another" repository?
7. Options: the "--quiet (-q)" option is missing here.
8. In svn 1.5 we now have the possibility to sync only a part of a
repository. I've added a description about it in
This "svnsync init" page is probably best suited to talk about it.
9. Options: the "--quiet (-q)" option is missing here.
That's it for svnsync.
There's also one issue still open for the book in our issue tracker:
Thanks for this 1.5 update of the book guys, you're the best! :)
More information about the svnbook-dev