[REVIEW] reintegrate merges

Daniel Shahaf d.s at daniel.shahaf.co.il
Wed Jun 11 14:57:07 CDT 2008

Ben Collins-Sussman wrote on Wed, 11 Jun 2008 at 14:38 -0500:
> Thanks, got these too!
>
> On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 1:46 AM, Daniel Shahaf <d.s at daniel.shahaf.co.il> wrote:
> > 2. The example around line 2600 has a peg rev in the 'merge' command:
> >
> >     $ svn merge --reintegrate http://svn.example.com/repos/calc/branches/mybranch@1910
> >
> >   but the examples earlier in the chapter (where 'reintegrate' is
> >   explained) don't have a peg.

The new text says:

         your branch changes.  So in this special case, you would merge
+        back with the <option>--reintegrate</option> option, being
+        sure to attach a precise peg-revision to the merge's source
+        URL:</para>

How is this a "special case"?  As far as I can tell, all examples of
--reintegrate in ch04 are using it in the context of merging a feature
branch to trunk.  Why, then, does this instance of --reintegrate need a
peg, while the first instance of --reintegrate in the chapter does not
use a peg?

Thanks,
Daniel