[REVIEW] Section "Changelists as Operation Filters"

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Thu Jun 12 23:37:59 CDT 2008

Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> Daniel Shahaf wrote on Thu, 12 Jun 2008 at 21:21 +0300:
>> Karl Heinz Marbaise wrote on Thu, 12 Jun 2008 at 20:11 +0200:
>>> BTW: I would suggest to remove the "--depth infinity ." from this
>>> command, cause IMHO it's confusing...why i need a --depth option...
>>>
>> --depth is implied, but "." is necessary (you get an error without it).
>>

> That's not the whole truth.  'svn cl foo --cl bar .' gives no error
> (both rc9 and trunk), but doesn't do anything, either.  Adding -R to it
> makes it work.

Correct.  The 'svn changelist' subcommand defaults to depth=empty.  This
doesn't change merely by adding the --cl filter -- just means you've got a
much smaller chance of having any operational targets. :-)

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
  been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton