SVN 1.5 Book [REVIEW] Chapter 5 | Section "Repository Replication"

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Mon Jun 16 13:58:41 CDT 2008

Yes, in 1.5 you can mirror from a *source* URL that's not the root of that
repository.  But the *destination* URL must always be the root of the
repository.

In other words, you can do this:

    svn init ROOT-URL-OF-DEST-REPOS ROOT-URL-OF-SRC-REPOS

and

    svn init ROOT-URL-OF-DEST-REPOS ROOT-URL-OF-SRC-REPOS/some/dir

but not these:

    svn init ROOT-URL-OF-DEST-REPOS/some/dir ROOT-URL-OF-SRC-REPOS
    svn init ROOT-URL-OF-DEST-REPOS/some/dir ROOT-URL-OF-SRC-REPOS/some/dir

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
  been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton