SVN 1.5 - Resolve Conflicts (Merging Others' Changes)

Karl Heinz Marbaise khmarbaise at gmx.de
Thu Mar 20 17:51:43 CDT 2008

Hi there,

i had found a little bug in the book:

In the section "Resolve Conflicts (Merging Others' Changes).

The output of the update command is not as it is in the SVN 1.5-beta 1
release:

The output look like the following:

Conflict discovered in 'bar.c'.
Select: (p) postpone, (df) diff-full, (e) edit,
        (h) help for more options: h

And the following list of the possible selections is like the following:

  (p)  postpone    - mark the conflict to be resolved later
  (df) diff-full   - show all changes made to merged file
  (e)  edit        - change merged file in an editor
  (r)  resolved    - accept merged version of file
  (mf) mine-full   - accept my version of entire file (ignore their changes)
  (tf) theirs-full - accept their version of entire file (lose my changes)
  (l)  launch      - launch external tool to resolve conflict
  (h)  help        - show this list

Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise        ICQ#: 135949029
Hauptstrasse 177                         USt.IdNr: DE191347579
52146 Würselen                           http://www.soebes.de