Issue 27 in svnbook: 1.6 change: '--set-depth exclude' support

svnbook at svnbook at
Tue Dec 22 10:37:49 CST 2009

Comment #6 on issue 27 by nat... at 1.6 change: '--set-depth
exclude' support

I tried using the suggestion by cmpilato:

    svn checkout --depth immediates <dir>   # get just <dir> and its shallow
    svn up --set-depth exclude <nasty_dir>  # exclude <nasty_dir>
    svn up --set-depth infinity *           # de-shallow the rest of the kids

It works except for one issue.  I have an external definition, and after I
these commands, there doesn't seem to be any way to get my external.  When
I do the
checkout with --depth immediates it doesn't check out the external.  Any