Google Code authentication

Jens M. Felderhoff j.m.f at gmx.li
Thu Jan 29 14:47:00 CST 2009

I just tried to commit some changes to the new Google Code repository
after checking  out a new working copy from
http://svnbook.googlecode.com/svn.

When I tried to commit, I was asked to authenticate myself:

jmf at neuromancer:~/Projects/svnbook/trunk/src/de$ svn ci -m "Typo fixes." book/ch05-repository-admin.xml
Authentication realm: <http://svnbook.googlecode.com:80> Google Code Subversion Repository
Password for 'jmf':
Authentication realm: <http://svnbook.googlecode.com:80> Google Code Subversion Repository
Username: jmfelderhoff<at>gmx.eu
Password for 'jmfelderhoff<at>gmx.eu':
Authentication realm: <http://svnbook.googlecode.com:80> Google Code Subversion Repository
Username: jmfelderhoff<at>gmx.eu
Password for 'jmfelderhoff<at>gmx.eu':

svn: Commit failed (details follow):
svn: MKACTIVITY of '/svn/!svn/act/34692817-ea9a-4a62-8de1-d0ebe86f089a': authorization failed (http://svnbook.googlecode.com)

(The @s have been replaced with "<at>".)

The question is, what password is required. There is one password for
the Google account and one Google Code password. I entered the latter,
however, authorization failed. (Yes, I deleted the old auth-cache
file).

Cheers

Jens
--