Issue 27 in svnbook: 1.6 change: '--set-depth exclude' support

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Tue Nov 17 20:44:21 CST 2009

Comment #3 on issue 27 by pipping.elias: 1.6 change: '--set-depth exclude'
support
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=27

 From my understanding, it is not possible to do something like

   $ svn checkout --depth empty [..] <dir>
   $ cd <dir>
   $ svn up --set-depth exclude <nasty_dir>

rather, one first has to check something out before it can be excluded
which means it
has to be downloaded at least once. It also looks like one can't set the
depth
without using `svn up` -- otherwise I suppose one could set the depth to
infinite
first and set it to exclude for <nasty_dir> afterwards when actually
downloading
something.

You might want to make the above aspects very clear, assuming they reflect
the truth,
since I perceived finding the above out as very frustrating.