TotoiseSVN and Apache

Karl Hewitt Karl.Hewitt at vuw.ac.nz
Thu Nov 4 17:59:13 CDT 2010

Hi

We are about to implement Subversion and I'm planning the architecture.  Am I correct in believing that we can run both svnserver <=> TortoiseSVN and Apache <=> Broswer access?

What I am looking to achieve is to give regular users (developers, BA's, etc) the flexibility of the Windows Shell extension approach of TortoiseSVN and to allow irregular users to still have access without a software install on their client.

Also am I correct in thinking that with the Apache approach we could put a link on our Intranet to a given document (e.g. a help file) and point that link to the HEAD resulting in users always getting the latest version?

Thanks in advance for your time and attention
Karl

Karl.hewitt <AT> staff.vuw.ac.nz
Senior Oracle Developer
Victoria University of Wellington