Issue 93 in svnbook: Merges and Moves has error

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Fri Sep 3 17:16:31 CDT 2010

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium

New issue 93 by dan.fran... at pearson.com: Merges and Moves has error
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=93

The "Merges and Moves" section describes a use case in which a branch is
merged back to the trunk and a change is lost.  It has the sentence

"The net effect is that merging your “rename” to the branch has removed
Sally's recent changes from the latest revision!"

I believe the word "branch" should actually be "trunk".  In this example,
the rename happened on the branch and we are merging into the trunk
(reintegration).