Issue 87 in svnbook: mention 'htdigest' tool when mentioning digest auth

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Tue Apr 12 19:57:39 CDT 2011

Comment #7 on issue 87 by cmpil... at gmail.com: mention 'htdigest' tool when
mentioning digest auth
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=87

Sorry for the delay.  I'm trying to focus on getting Subversion 1.7 out the
door these days, so haven't been paying much attention to the book.  Thanks
for the patch -- that will help alot.

In the future, I would suggest limiting individual patches to a single
logical change (and I think you'll find this recommendation to be fairly
universal in open-source projects).   So, you'd have a patch to improve the
Digest section.  Another to improve the SSL section.  And then maybe just a
verbal suggestion to move the new SSL section wholesale to below the
Authorization bit.

But please don't feel compelled to re-submit in that fashion now.