re-rolling PDFs and HTML archives of version "1.6" of book withot changing file names

Lev Serebryakov lev at FreeBSD.org
Fri Oct 21 13:23:17 CDT 2011

Hello, Svnbook-dev.

 I'm maintainer of subversion port for FreeBSD. My port include your
excellent book (as optional component). But it leads to one problem"
even "stable" version (1.6 for now) sometimes changes. And you provide
only non-versioned renderings of book
(http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/svn-book-html.tar.bz2 and
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.6/svn-book.pdf).

  It is very inconvenient for users and me, as maintainer, that FreeBSD
port could not point to stable files, maye be, with revision in their
names. Users got strange "size mismatch" and "checksum mismatch"
errors, as file is re-rolled on your servers, stale copies present on
mirrors, etc.

  Is it possible to change mechanism of publication of rendered
versions? Maybe, you'll provide names with revisions and old
(revision-less) names will be symlinks to latest versioned names?

  Other porblem -- I'm forced to use 1.6 version, as it is change not so
often, as current 1.7, but it is old is not exactly actual for
subversion 1.7.x itself. Again, versioned file names will help here,
as I could update port monthly,. for example, to new versions without
problems with sizes and checksums on user side.

 Thank you.

--
// Black Lion AKA Lev Serebryakov <lev at FreeBSD.org>