[svnbook] r4087 committed - Read-thru edits....

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Fri Sep 9 12:00:52 CDT 2011

On 09/09/2011 11:45 AM, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> svnbook at googlecode.com wrote on Fri, Sep 09, 2011 at 15:02:04 +0000:
>> +    <!--
>> =============================================================== -->
>> +    <sect2 id="svn.developer.usingapi.funcsbatons">
>> +      <title>Functions and Batons</title>
>> +
>
> asynchronous

Fixed in r4092 (and backported to 1.6 in r4093).

>> +        and provide consumers of the Subversion C API with hooks for
>> +        handling information in customizable ways, many functions in
>> +        the API accept pairs of parameters: a pointer to a callback
>> +        function, and a pointer to a blob of memory called
>> +        a <firstterm>baton</firstterm> that carries context
>> +        information for that callback function.  Batons are typically
>> +        C structures with additional information that the callback
>> +        function needs but which is not given directly to the callback
>> +        function by the driving API function.</para>
>> +
>> +      <warning>
>> +        <para>Run user-provided paths
>> +          through <function>svn_path_canonicalize()</function> before
>
>  * @deprecated Provided for backward compatibility with the 1.6 API.
>  * New code should use svn_dirent_canonicalize(), svn_uri_canonicalize(),
>  * svn_relpath_canonicalize() or svn_fspath__canonicalize().

Ah, good catch.  And this actually caused me to notice some comment bugs in
some sample code, too.  Thanks.  r4094.

>> +          passing them to other API functions.  Failure to do so can
>> +          trigger assertions in the underlying Subversion C library
>> +          which translate into rather immediate and unceremonious
>
> a rather

Adding "a" works, but isn't necessary (and wasn't intended) in this case.

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com> | http://cmpilato.blogspot.com/