Issue 175 in svnbook: Confusing explanation of vendor branch mgmt.

svnbook at googlecode.com svnbook at googlecode.com
Tue Aug 21 04:11:02 CDT 2012

Comment #2 on issue 175 by s.v.h.ha... at gmail.com: Confusing explanation of
vendor branch mgmt.
http://code.google.com/p/svnbook/issues/detail?id=175

This should perhaps be a separate issue, but it's closely related to the
above so I enter it here:

I'd like to point out that a simple, useful trick for adding (lots of)
unversioned files in
new versions is:

svn add current/*           [ignore warnings of already-managed files - no
harm done]
svn add current/*/*
svn add current/*/*/*
:

Etc. until no files/dirs are found by the globbing. Done!

The other way around - to find deleted files, use:

diff -r 1.0 current  |  grep -E "^Only"

I.e.: recursive diff from version 1.0 to current, which will report missing
files:
Issue "svn rm" commands for each one. Done!

(I'm a bit weary of the svn_load_dirs.pl script - with the above stuff I
know exactly what's going on!)

Sincerely,
Stein Haugan