Vendor branches and svn_load_dirs.pl

Pavel Lyalyakin pavel.lyalyakin at visualsvn.com
Wed Aug 28 09:49:17 CDT 2013

Hello,

I'm looking at Vendor Branches section of SVNBook
1.7<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.advanced.vendorbr.html>and
comparing it with the same section of SVNBook
1.8 nightly <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.8/svn.advanced.vendorbr.html>.
I'm a bit confused with the fact that the section about "svn_load_dirs.pl"
script had been removed and I don't see a solution for the case when source
files layout had changed in vendor drops.

It could be that my confusion is the result of the attempt to compare these
sections of SVNBook 1.7 with 1.8 but I've tried to follow the step-by-step
instructions in the nightly SVNBook (forgetting about 1.7 version) and
still consider that the section has more questions than
answers<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.8/svn.advanced.vendorbr.html#idp12984000>
.

I guess that from reader's point of view, SVNBook 1.7 provides users with
the complete solution / instruction that will allow to pick up deletions as
well as additions, etc but SVNBook 1.8 is missing it. I see the hint about *
*"svn add --force"<http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.8/svn.advanced.vendorbr.html#idp12984000>
* *to pick up additions but what about deletions, for example? Am I
overlooking something here?

Thank you!

--
With best regards,