Vendor branches and svn_load_dirs.pl

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Aug 28 14:55:32 CDT 2013

Honestly, I removed the svn_load_dirs.pl section because I couldn't
maintain it confidently.

After writing the original section for the 1.0 version of the book, I
was later told I'd explained explained some things incorrectly, that the
section was hard to follow, etc.  And that's to be expected -- I've
never really used the script myself, and certainly was no subject matter
expert on it.  Further, the script has never been an officially
maintained part of Subversion, hasn't (at this point) really been
touched or updated in 5+ years, etc.

What I perhaps should have done in the 1.8 book is left a mention of
script and pointer to it and its README file.  That way, at least, folks
have a starting point.  And I'm happy to re-add such.  But I don't feel
particularly compelled (or qualified) to write thorough documentation
for svn_load_dirs.pl at this point, nor to try to work as much into the
larger vendor branch narrative of the chapter.