Modifying transaction properties (svnadmin setrevprop)

Daniel Shahaf danielsh at apache.org
Mon Apr 25 03:19:16 CDT 2016

Ryan J Ollos wrote on Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 17:43:44 -0700:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Daniel Shahaf <danielsh at apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Daniel Shahaf wrote on Sat, Apr 23, 2016 at 21:48:38 +0000:

> > command
> > in

> > transaction,
> >
> > I think I can give a simpler answer: anything you can do using only
> > svnadmin/svnlook is okay.  The rule you quote refers to people who
> > directly use the svn_fs_* APIs, or DAV clients.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Daniel
> >

> Thanks, that makes sense. In the past, I have applied the rule in an
> overly-restrictive way when considering pre-/post-commit hook use cases.

Then perhaps the book's warning box [1] should be clarified with the
information in this thread [2].  CCing svnbook-dev at .

Cheers,

Daniel
(Ryan: svnbook is maintained outside ASF by the same people that make up
the svn PMC)

[1] http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.create.html#svn.reposadmin.hooks.summary
[2] http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2016-04/index.shtml#57