[Lispweb] Portable Allegroserve and SBCL ?

Rudi Schlatte rudi at constantly.at
Tue Jul 6 09:07:33 CDT 2004

On 6. Jul 2004, at 14:27, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 06, 2004 at 01:45:00PM +0200, Francois-Rene Rideau wrote:
>> While trying to run bknr on sbcl, I experienced the same bug as
>> reported
>> by an anonymous user of portable allegro serve:
>>
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?
>> func=detail&aid=978568&group_id=32760&atid=406352
>>
>> It seems that when compiling .cl files, asdf fails to LOAD the files
>> it
>> depends on (that were previously compiled properly).
>>
>> Maybe this is due to an recent incompatible upgrade of asdf in SBCL?
>>
>> Can you help me sort out what is happening?
>
> I forgot to add:
> (0) I am using Debian and debian.b9.com packages.
> (1) it works on CMUCL 18e
> (2) a backtrace shows that (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :aserve)
>  calls a closure, calls a loop, calls something to handle the load-op
>  for acl-file "publish", that calls asdf:perform of the load-op,
>  that tries to load the faslmt, which fails because dependencies
>  are not loaded.

You seem to use the Debian sbcl-mt package, at least the extension
".faslmt" indicates that.  If I am not mistaken, this package was
recently discontinued and the sbcl package is now compiled with threads
on x86.  Try to upgrade to a recent sbcl and delete all faslmt object
files.  I hope that helps, but since I don't use this configuration
myself, I can't offer much further assistance.

Greetings,

Rudi