[svnbook-www commit] r42 - trunk

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Sat Nov 20 15:33:04 CST 2004

Grzegorz Adam Hankiewicz wrote:

>On 2004-11-19, cmpilato at red-bean.com wrote:

>>-      hreflang="es" lang="es" rel="alternate">espa?ol</a>
>>+      hreflang="es" lang="es" rel="alternate">Spanish</a> |
>>+   <a href="index.it.html" title="Italian"
>>+      hreflang="it" lang="it" rel="alternate">Italian</a>
>>

>This change is a step backwards in
>terms of internationalization. Please read
>http://www.tech.irt.org/articles/js173/#5. This is the reason why you
>have index.es.html instead of index.sp.html. The attached example
>(content extracted from Debian's home page) should highlight the
>problem.

Yeah, actually I meant to undo that because I realized that the point is
for speakers of a language to recognize their language *in* their
language.  But I guess I didn't "undo" enough (for the Spanish).  The
Italian I left in English because I don't know Italian.

I'm think that I don't like the "This page is *also* available in..."
anyway.  I'd rather see "This page is available in..." and have all
pages list all pages.  Whaddaya think?

(Oh, if you want to fix the index.en.html page back to the right thing,
please feel free.)