* ru/: Delete. =(

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Mon Apr 25 06:11:17 CDT 2005

Maverick Crank GRey wrote:
> Good day.
> It seems to me, my answer was not received, so.. one more time =)

Hi, sorry - just a lack of time and an uncertainty how to reply.

> Good day.
> I am from the Russian translation team.
>
> On 4/22/05, maxb <svnbook-dev at red-bean.com> wrote:
>> Russian Book: Delete the directory. It contained nothing of value.
>> The readme.txt spoke of changes to the DocBook XSL to output UTF-8, but
>> now we have shifted from html to xhtml, UTF-8 is the default anyway.
>
> Okay.
>
>>The book XML files were just a plain untouched copy of the English book -
>> but manually copied and "svn add"-ed, not actually "svn copy"-ed!
>
> It was years and years ago =)
>
>> There has been no contact with the translators for some time, and if they
>> come back, we should set up a new ru/ directory that is properly copied.
>
> I am sorry. It seems to me, our team has lost an ardor. Anyway, can you
> create a new ru/ directory by copying an en/ one, if it is not difficult?
> shall try to send one patch per week at least =)

Creating the directory is no more than 60 seconds work, so don't worry about
that.
We can create it once there is the beginning of a translation ready to
commit.

I have some questions about the state of the project:

Currently, Dmitriy Popkov (cc-ed) has commit access for Russian book
translation - is he still part of the team? What is the current membership
of the team?

Is there existing translated text, or are you starting from scratch?

Thanks,

Max.