pt-BR translation base (was Re: [svnbook commit] r1885 - trunk/www)

Max Bowsher maxb1 at
Tue Dec 6 18:07:16 CST 2005

ccidral wrote:
> The pt-BR home page now refers to the 1.1 English version instead of
> the nightly build. The translation group decided to begin the
> translation from the lastest release (1.1) and not from the nightly
> build anymore.

I don't think this is a good decision.

With 1.3.0 about to be released, it is likely that a push to finalize
the 1.2 book will happen at some point soon.

Additionally, the XML element IDs were all changed shortly after the 1.1
 book release. This means a migration 1.1->1.2 will be more complex than
any other version migration.

If you do not wish to deal with the complex system of incremental merges
that the Norwegian team use, I would suggest you simply start
translating the current state of the trunk, making a note of the
revision number (for example, in a comment in the XML files themselves).
With the revision number noted, you have a stable English text to
translate, and can easily get diffs from that base to the final 1.2
version when it is released, and you will not have to deal with the
pervasive ID changes that occurred after 1.1.

Version: GnuPG v1.4.1 (Cygwin)