suggestion for book

David Summers david at summersoft.fay.ar.us
Fri Dec 30 10:40:18 CST 2005

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Mark Hedges wrote:

> This might be a dumb suggestion, but it would be nice to see
> some examples of how to assemble a distribution archive from a
> particular version of a subversion repository, on different
> platforms.  Like, how to make a tar archive without the .svn
> directories and files.  Or how to assemble a version of code
> into an RPM or a deb archive.  The "final step" of deploying
> from subversion development to production.  Actually, it would
> be nice if there were a feature to do this.

It (at least the RPM generation) is all documented in the Subversion
install instructions.

I just go in to the packages/rpm/distro directory and type "make".

How's that for "easy"?

    :-)

--
David Wayne Summers        "Linux: Because reboots are for hardware upgrades!"
david at summersoft.fay.ar.us PGP Key: http://summersoft.fay.ar.us/~david/pgp.txt