src/tools/ fixes/updates to xsl detection routine

Geoff Davis geoff at geoffdavis.com
Sat Jul 9 17:55:59 CDT 2005

All,

I've been working with the svnbook's build structure for a bit to
build some in-house documentation. I've made several fixes and
updates for both Solaris 8 and Mac OS X with Fink. The files in
question haven't changed much in trunk.

In tools/Makefile.base, the shell for make to use is /bin/sh.
However, on the ENSURE_XSL target, test is called with -e. This
doesn't exist in classic Bourne shell, which is what is run on
Solaris 8 as /bin/sh. I changed the line ENSURE_XSL to look like this:

ENSURE_XSL = [ -d "$(TOOLS_DIR)/xsl" ] || [ -f "$(TOOLS_DIR)/xsl ] \
              || $(TOOLS_DIR)/bin/find-xsl.py

Sorry I can't provide a diff - I've hacked Makefile.base for my own
nefarious purposes to a good degree.

Also, I have another location for the xsl stylesheets on Mac OS X
with Fink.

Diff against trunk:
[davis at dirtball:~/sandbox]$ diff svnbook/tools/bin/find-xsl.py\
STS/SCGOpMan/src/tools/bin/find-xsl.py
17a18,19