Fwd: SVN Translation

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Tue Jul 5 23:47:15 CDT 2005

Our COMMITTERS file indicates that two folks are working on a German
translation of the book:

          khmarbaise   Karl Heinz Marbaise <khmarbaise at gmx.de>
        gerhardoettl   Gerhard Oettl <gerhard.oettl.ml at oesoft.at>

But no activity has happened there in quite some time (Thu, 09 Dec 2004
-- back when the book lived in the Subversion source code repository).
So, first things first.

*Gerhard, Karl:*  Do you plan to continue your Subversion book
translation efforts?

*Gisela*:  If Gerhard and Karl plan to continue participating, you
should work with them and work towards being accepted as a member of
their team.  Otherwise, we'll consider the existing German translation
effort dead.  At that point, you are free to recruit some help (we
generally want more than one person working on any translation), crown
yourself the new German translation coordinator, and decide if you want
to continue where Gerhard and Karl left off, or just begin anew off of a
baseline of the tagged English version 1.1 book.