translation HowTo - is there such an animal

Lorenz lorenznl at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 13 08:11:53 CDT 2005

Øyvind wrote:
>Lorenz wrote:
>[...]
>Some basic system to avoid stepping on each other toes is needed,

checking out with lock 8-)

>and you also have to decide how to keep the translation synchronised
>against the English master version.

I thought about keeping the english text in its original form as
comments in the source.
I hope this way I could use a diff or merge tool to detect and keep
track of changes in the english texts.

>[...]
>Are you able to make test builds of the files before you commit

a while back I managed to compile the pdf version from the sources I
had checked out from the repository. That was when the book still was
located in the svn repo. Since then I deleted my setup, but it should
be no problem to set it up again.

>[...]
>To keep things updated, I had to use some homegrown system, but it
>happens to work quite well. I have documented how it works in
>src/nb/METHOD, maybe that’s a system that you can use.

I will have a look

     Lorenz