The book in .chm format

Jostein Chr. Andersen jostein at josander.net
Wed Mar 9 12:51:15 CST 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 19.08, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Øyvind A. Holm wrote:
> > nice. Are you interested in hosting these versions? They can be
> > downloaded from
> if hosting is approved, I'd like to see the buildsystem for these docs
> in our repository - i.e. perhaps post a patch?

A build system for this is very simple, but you must install Wine and
install MS Help Workshop (freeware) under it if you want to build it
under a UNIX system. Luckilly, to install and setup Wine from source is
trivial these days, so it should not be any problem at all.

I do however recommend that the build of CHM-files is done under Windows
or perhaps a 32-bit DOS emulator if something like that exists.

I use VMware under Linux and can build the files with the same regularity
as for the Subversion's Windows Installer - which means anytime,
anywhere and so on (maybe exept 3-4 weeks in during summer).

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/