Again and again about translation svnbook on Russian

dmitriy lopatko dmitrii at list.ru
Fri May 6 05:30:14 CDT 2005

Hello.

I am the participant of working group on translation svnbook on Russian and
one of two moderators of a mailing list l10n-ru at subversion.tigris.org.

In far 2004 I have addressed in dev at subversion.tigris.org
(http://svn.haxx.se/dev/archive-2004-08/0670.shtml) with the request for
granting 'write access' in Subversion repository for accommodation of
chapters svnbook which I have translated.

I have received such answer from Erik Huelsmann <e.huelsmann at gmx.net>:

> The full committers think that having one committer for a translation is too
> big a risk for the quality of the translation, so that it has a high
> probability of ending up defunct.

> Because of that we have a problem with the current russian translation
> in the Subversion tree. Replacing it with yours would not solve the problem,
> since Dimitriy seems absent thus you would be the only committer for the
> translation. We do not want that and therefor we cannot grant you commit
> access to the subversion repository at this time. I'm sorry.

For today our working group totals at least four active participants. However
the problem consists that is difficult to be engaged in command development
not having one of the main tools for this purpose - is repository.

Yes, Dmitriy Popkov <dimentiy at dimentiy.info> has 'write access', but probably
has no enough time to be engaged in translation. To this I have decided to
address once again with the request for granting 'write access' in
http://svn.red-bean.com/svnbook/trunk/src/ru/ for me.

--
with best regards,
dmitriy