Russian translation

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Tue May 17 15:33:31 CDT 2005

I'm now completely confused about the state of the Russian book
translation team, if such exists.  Dmitriy Popkov already has commit
access, yet appears to have never done anything terribly progressive
with that access.  In a recent mail, he pointed me to Dmitriy Lopatko's
translation work (http://svn.ua-embedded.by.ru/html-chunk/index.html),
but (again) that work has not seemingly ever made it into the svnbook
source tree.  Additionally, Dmitriy L. is able to list a handful of
folks who are apparently interested in doing a Russian translation.

Will someone *please* answer the following:

   1. Who will be leading the Russian book translation team?
   2. Who else will be a part of that team?
   3. Who among these folks will need commit access to the svnbook
      repository?
   4. Is there in fact the beginnings of a Russian translation which is
      ready to be used as a starting point for this translation?  If so,
      does anyone know on what version/revision of the English book it
      is based?
   5. In short, do we have all the pieces needed to start getting
      productive on a Russian translation of /Version Control with
      Subversion/?