French translation

Max Bowsher maxb at ukf.net
Mon May 16 13:30:39 CDT 2005

Gissehel wrote:
> On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 08:38:27AM +0200, R?gis Kuckaertz wrote:
>> Gissehel wrote:
>>
>>>  It look like there is currently no French translation for the book.
>>>
>>>  If noone is currently working on the book, I'm ready to start the
>>> French translation.
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'd also be interested in working on a french translation, please tell me
>> if you need assistance.
>
> Hi, I was about to start working in my own repository (in
> fact, I started working, but that's just few lines).
>
> If you're trying to contribute, I'll perhaps create a "temporary"
> berlios project as a "fork" until there is a way (direct, or
> indirect via patch) to work on the official repository.
>
> If no-one in this list is against a "language-fork" (I don't like
> forks) for French, I'll setup a project svnbookfr on berlios
> (svn repository).

Hello.

Typically, the way we add translations is by asking that people gather a
translation team of at least 2 people (because the book is big, and it's
good to have people reviewing each others changes), and then produce some
small piece of translated work and send it here to the mailing list.

At that point, you can be granted commit access to the svnbook repository.

Max.