[svnbook commit] r2121 - trunk/src/en/book

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Wed Apr 12 08:02:45 CDT 2006

Max Bowsher wrote:
> Blair Zajac wrote:

>>>s/lock/locks/
>

> Interesting.
>
> I don't claim to be a grammar expert, but I would have chosen 'lock'
> over 'locks' here too.

I, too, think the grammar is correct (though admittedly a bit awkward for
me).  But consider the sentence this way:

   Unfortunately, the is one other sort of lock with which ...

Now, to make that "one" into "two", what are we incrementing?  The actual
number of locks?  No.  We're incrementing the number of lock types (or "sorts").

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton