R: R: Suggestion on formatting a list in HTML

Federico Nebiacolombo federico.nebiacolombo at softeco.it
Thu Jul 6 01:29:58 CDT 2006

>The multicolumn  approach is
> fine, but there isn't a clear "gutter" between columns, so my eye can't
> quickly tell if the labels (CAP07, CAP08) apply to the blocks to
> their left...
Yes I agree with you, the layout must be improved, I will take in account
this on next update.
I will also change the code color: classic semaphore colors are better, (I
really never liked so much the use of blue).

> If you instead dropped the graphic, and went with a regular HTML
> table, you might have clearer results.
I would like to save a lot of space on page, even if I agree that this could
be possible, I
will try something.
Anyway, as you can easly see, the 'status report section' born as a very
quick idea just to have a
effective answer to the natural question 'What they did until now?' from any
web navigator looking our page.
The image is a start implementation, thank you for your suggestion and time
delivered to us.

> The best part is that you can do all this in HTML, in your native
> language,
> and use title="" attributes to put your table's text into English.  And if
> other teams wanted to adopt the same status reporting mechanism, we could
> squirrel away the CSS stuff that makes it all work into the
> shared CSS file.
I see (and agree) about the superior portability of HTML table and CSS
usage, so I will consider it as
option (even if I'am not so smart on HTML:-), in this sense, of course, any
contribution, idea or
HTML prototype from any translation teams (it included:-) is very welcome!

best regards
Nebiac