suggested rephrase

Craig_Reynolds at playstation.sony.com Craig_Reynolds at playstation.sony.com
Thu Mar 2 18:00:41 CST 2006

Hi. I'm new to Subversion and reading the SVN Book.  In
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.tour.initial.html :

> ...Your working copy is just like any other collection of files and
> directories on your system. You can edit and change them, move them
> around, you can even delete the entire working copy and forget about
> it.

(Thanks for mentioning that last point, I had wondered about that very
issue.)

> Unless you're ready to commit a new file or directory, or changes to
> existing ones, there's no need to further notify the Subversion
> server that you've done anything...

Given the context (having just done the initial checkout) might
"Until..." not be better than "Unless..."?

Craig Reynolds
Senior Research Scientist
Sony Computer Entertainment America
http://www.research.scea.com/ (http://www.red3d.com/cwr/)