AuthzSVNAccessFile and SVNListParentPath - examples in Chapter 6 are mislead

Ben Collins-Sussman sussman at red-bean.com
Tue May 23 13:21:07 CDT 2006

On 5/23/06, Martin Curtayne <mcurtayne at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ben
> Thanks for getting back in touch.  You definitely could argue it is, but as
> long as the documentation matches the software, I don't see it as being too
> major.

SVNParentPath isn't documented in any version of the book.  The book
only covers up to svn 1.2, and SVNParentPath is a 1.3 feature.

It makes no sense to document an awkward workaround for a bug in a new
feature;  instead, we should file the bug, fix it, and *then* get
around to actually documenting the new feature.  :-)