Error in "Importing Initial Data"

C. Michael Pilato cmpilato at red-bean.com
Mon Nov 6 19:55:24 CST 2006

Zwicker, Rick wrote:
> In chapter 5, the section called “*Creating the Layout, and Importing
> Initial Data*“ contains an error in the following example:
>
> $ svn import . file:///path/to/repos --message 'Initial repository layout'
>
> The single-quotes should be double-quotes. If single quotes are used,
> this error message is displayed:
>
> svn: Too many arguments to import command

On what operating system?  I can see this being a problem on Windows,
but it certainly doesn't seem to cause Linux any grief.  And our
Audience section mentions that "[f]or consistency, the examples in this
book assume the reader is using a Unix-like operating system, and is
relatively comfortable with Unix and command-line interfaces."

--
C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato at red-bean.com>

"The Christian ideal has not been tried and found wanting.  It has
 been found difficult; and left untried."  -- G. K. Chesterton