Trouble with it-pdf generation ?

Max Bowsher maxb1 at
Wed Nov 8 16:56:52 CST 2006

Max Bowsher wrote:
> Federico Nebiacolombo wrote:
>> Dear all,
>>         The link is
>> actually broken.
>> We did not received any report from automatic build system.
> Erm, oops. Looking back at the script I see it sends mail only if the
> entire process fails. But the HTML generation succeeded, so it decided
> things were OK :-/

Fixed now to detect make errors.

>> If this can help you: the problem is only related to it-pdf.
>> I think it could be related to some xml validation problem but it seems book
>> src are ok,
>> If we can help you in some way let us known.
> Looking at:
> it seems that FOP just died without giving any reason at all :-(

After some further investigation, I have found that rolling back
ch08.xml and appb.xml to r2498 avoids the problem.

Since the XML validation does not complain, I am inclined to suspect
that FOP (the PDF generator) simply has a bug causing the generation to

The next step would be to work out precisely which bits of the XML are
triggering the weirdness, but it's getting late here, so I probably
won't get around to that today.