Poor example in "Look Ma! No Network!

schoon at hsva.de schoon at hsva.de
Thu Oct 19 04:54:15 CDT 2006

Dear collective authors,

I am no expert, but I suggest that the explanation that
"..., but imagine the repercussions if you try to commit
a one line change to a 400MB file and have to send the
whole file to the server!" is removed. It can be found
in the box with the title "Look Ma! No Network!".

I find it misleading since we don't have to send the
entire file in order to communicate such a change. I
think about the program rsync which manage to pull off
feats like this with a clever algorithm, see e.g.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rsync .

Yours

Johannes Schöön