[SvnBook] #58: Clarify that 'svnadmin create /path/to/repos' will only create the final path component

SvnBook noreply at red-bean.com
Fri Aug 10 20:56:38 CDT 2007

#58: Clarify that 'svnadmin create /path/to/repos' will only create the final
path component
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  cmpilato  |       Owner:  nobody
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
 Robert Murphy <robert.louis.murphy at gmail.com> wrote:
 > I found this error:
 >
 > <screen>
 > $ svnadmin create /path/to/repos
 > $ ls /path/to/repos
 > conf/ dav/ db/ format hooks/ locks/ README.txt
 > </
 > screen>
 >
 >  <para>This command creates a new directory
 >
 > That is not true, it creates a new repository if /path/to/repos exits.
 > If /path/to/repos does not exist it creates an error message:
 >
 > svnadmin create /path/to/repos
 > svnadmin: Repository creation failed
 > svnadmin: Could not create top-level directory
 > svnadmin: Can't create directory '\path\to\repos': The system cannot
 find
 > the path specified.

 Of course, 'svnadmin create' will create the basename directory if it is
 missing, but no, it won't create intermediate directories.  We should make
 this clearer.

--
Ticket URL: <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/trac/ticket/58>
SvnBook <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/>