[SvnBook] #14: Migrate [svn]/doc/user/cvs-crossover-guide.html into the book

SvnBook noreply at red-bean.com
Sat Aug 11 17:17:32 CDT 2007

#14: Migrate [svn]/doc/user/cvs-crossover-guide.html into the book
  Reporter:  maxb         |       Owner:  nobody
      Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  closed
 Component:  content      |     Version:
Resolution:  wontfix      |    Keywords:
Changes (by sussman):

  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => wontfix

 After 7 years of development and 3.5 years since 1.0 release, I'm
 skeptical that the 'cvs-crossover-guide' is useful to a wide audience.  We
 originally envisioned Subversion as a tool to save CVS users;  instead, we
 got billions of VSS users.  Almost every major opensource project that was
 using CVS has long since switched to Subversion.  In other words, I think
 that the potential audience of people who find the cvs-to-svn-crossover-
 guide useful is small and dwindling, so I'd rather let this documentation
 bitrot.  It would be a huge amount of time to finish the document (it took
 me forever to write what's there, back in 2003), and the net gain for the
 book would be pretty small.

Ticket URL: <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/trac/ticket/14#comment:2>
SvnBook <http://svnbook.red-bean.com/>